The Lead Business Intelligence will report directly to the General Manager: Data and Analytics participating and shaping the future of key products delivered by Organisation. Will supports the efficient and predictable delivery of product releases that are designed to drive operational understanding and efficiency. Will evaluate new technology and methods for potential and practicality in delivering Business Intelligence capability.
It is expected that the Lead Business Intelligence will be an individual who is a self-starter who will lead the teams by establishing and executing a vision for the delivery of information and analytics platforms and solutions to the business’s key stakeholders, including, internal staff, stakeholders and funders.
This position will be ultimately responsible for helping transform the company into an organisation that truly differentiates and competes on analytics. This is a hands-on position that ensures releases are understood well by the deployment team so that the Organisation products are used well in managing operations and deliver an exceptional customer service. The Lead Business Intelligence will be responsible for building BI capacity within the ICT department.
Organisation is experiencing a significant increase in demand for reporting and analytics from users, and the BI team requires support to take it to the next level. It is envisaged that this role will support the implementation and enhancement of the student and debtor data marts.
While managing Organisation's BI activities, the incumbent will foster an environment of accountability, excellence, collaboration, continuous improvement and innovation among the BI team.
Setting the strategy and vision and for managing the day-to-day operations of the BI team.
He/she will be responsible for all strategic, tactical, operational, financial, human, and technical resource managerial responsibilities associated with the following BI and BI-related functional areas:
- Data preparation (sourcing, acquisition, integration)
- Data warehousing
- Reporting, analytics, and data exploration
- Information delivery (portals, mobile)
- Establishing and maintaining a BI competency centre
- Support and implement a cycle of medium-term improvements to drive strategic objectives
- through BI.
- Develop a BI service culture which builds rewarding relationships, proposes innovations and
- allows others to provide exceptional client service.
- Define and implement suitable data management practices to ensure the quality and integrity of
- the information assets, including master data management
- Facilitate the conversion of knowledge and ideas into new or improved products for the Business Intelligence environment.
- Comply, understand and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements
- Analyse and develop business intelligence based on data analysed, data collected, reviewed, and incorporate all internal and external benchmarking data for future solutions.
- Lead the setting up of the intellectual agenda for the team (in consultation with the necessary stakeholders) and creating conceptual frameworks across multiple projects and manages the team's creation of project outputs for example, documents or presentations to stakeholders that are insightful and actionable
- Define and implement the Information Management strategy to exchanges Business Intelligence and ensure execution of strategy and plans by the team