To provide an effective and efficient human resource generalist function that is aligned with strategic goals of the organization, to successfully implement HR strategy, customer service, inter alia strategic partnership, organisation design, recruitment and selection, employment equity, salary and benefits management, employee relations, talent retention, performance management, change management, diversity management, skills development, policies and procedures, HR reporting, BBBEE, HR projects and managing staff within the organization.
- Recruitment and Selection
• Manage the recruitment process and ensure candidates fit the role and company culture. Attract, retain and motivate staff.
• Advertise vacancies, assess applications, interview applicants.
• Coordinate and manage the orientation of new employees, process probationary reviews, employee evaluations and terminations
• Analyse the skills and qualities required for each job in the organisation Formulation of HR strategy aligned to business objectives
• Identify the critical success factors from an HR & IR perspective and formulates the HR strategy to support the Corporate strategy
• Set requisite HR standards through benchmarking/best practices
• Develop, update and implement all HR policies and procedures. Skills Development
• Identify training /skills / competency needs within the organisation.
• Coordinate career development, succession planning and talent management needs in partnership with line management.
• Submit the skills development plan within the prescribed timeframe.
• Identify skills shortages and where there is need to improve and inform management. Employment Equity
• Submit the Employment Equity Plans within specified timeframes to the Labour Department.
• Consult and give input into development of employment equity plans.
• Identify employment Equity quota requirements and advise on status of compliance to targets. Employee Relations
• Consult and advise management and staff on Labour relations issues.
• Ensure awareness on LRA, Basic conditions of Employment Act and all other labour legislation.
• Represent the organization on CCMA Level (conciliation & arbitration) and related forums
• Manage disciplinary and grievance matters within the organisation HR Reporting and Administration
• Manage and oversee the input of HR information into payroll administration. • Manage the compilation of monthly management reports all on all key output areas of the position.
• Manage the input into the HRIS for compliance Performance Management
• Manage and standardize the performance management process
• Manage the implementation of performance management practices in the Entity
• Implement performance management / talent management initiatives.
• Ensure that all employees are aware about the application of the performance management model and system.
• Monitoring, evaluating and reporting results. Organizational Development
• Lead programmes that are aimed at improving employee morale.
• Identify and analyse current organisational effectiveness.
• Initiate and implement organisational surveys and change management interventions Employee Wellness
• Assists in the planning, development, implementation and monitoring of company-wide total wellbeing initiatives.
• Develops programs that create awareness, motivation and provides tools to employees that help them adapt and maintain a well-rounded healthy lifestyle.
• Responsible for providing plan administration, participant communications and customer service of the company’s benefit plans and provides counsel to employees relative to their coverage and options according to established policy.
Qualifications and Experience Min Qualifications
• Degree in Human Resources Management and/or equivalent.
• Approximately 5 years experience as an HR practitioner
• Minimum 2 years in an HR Management role.
• Human resources management
• Job descriptions
• Performance review methods and techniques
• Staff training, development and recognition
• Delegation • Mentoring and coaching
• An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
• An understanding of the government cultural and political environment
• Good planning
• Analytical and decision-making skills.
• Tact and discretion when dealing with people.
• Ability to train
• Use Initiative
• Professional approach
• Excellent Administration Skills